Friday, July 24, 2009

In A Trapped Relationship?

I met one of my friend last week and we have a cuppa just to catch up with old times. And I was asking her about some of our friends whom I lost contact with. Apparently, we did not stay in contact.

She was telling me about one of our friend, *Stella. It seems that Stella is in a very complicated relationship. Stella divorced her husband 6 years ago (this I knew), leaving the husband took custody of her daughter.

She is involved with a divorcee who has a teenage son. Her boyfriend's teenage son can't and won't accept Stella. Marriage won't happen eventually as her boyfriend is apprehensive, commitment phobia and torn between his two love ones.
Even her own daughter is not accepting her boyfriend.

I asked my friend, why did Stella is still in this relationship? Knowing that this relationship will have no future?

My friend has advised Stella but Stella is adamant of not leaving this relationship.

Will you walk away from this relationship if you are Stella?

Ps. Something to chew on for this weekend....
*Name has been changed to protect the identity of this person.

1 comment:

The Mrs Blogs said...

Situations like these are hard for anyone, esp when you love someone so much you tend to not see things clearly. But if I were stuck in the same situation and knowing it has absolutely NO future whatsoever, then it's best to walk away.