Saturday, October 31, 2009

A good samaritan.... Are You?

As I was approaching to my destination, I saw a forlorn figure gathering herself up from the street. She was limping and I slowed down my vehicle, knowing that something bad had happened. There were onlookers just standing there minding their own business.

As I was nearer, she was shouting in anguish, "Help, help! I've been robbed". Clearly it was a seance of snatch theft incident. Physically, she was not hurt maybe only slight bruises. People just stared at her not doing anything to help her, much to the group of policemen minding their duties outside a bank across the street.

I drove next to her wanting to ask "Are you hurt?", but seeing she was fine, I drove on. I felt bad for not taking her to the police station.

1) Have any been caught in this type of incident before?

2) Would you be a good Samaritan or you just don't be involved in it?

6 comments:

Lindz said...

I think I will take her to the police, or offer any help to get her home or somethin like that... I once helped an elderly who fell in the ground whilst I was driving, I cannot help hil but I called another people to help him and made sure that he's gonna get any help he needed before I left..

Unknown said...

for me,i would walk up to her, aske what happen,and to see if there's anyting i can do, if i can do, i do,, if i cannot do, i wont,,,

The Mrs Blogs said...

I think the most I'd do is offer her some cash so she can take a cab home. The most I've got to do was assist a blind woman at the lift. My mom on the other hand loves giving rides to older folks. Guess it depends on one's capability.

Chubskulit Rose said...

If I am not in a hurry, I would probably give her a lift and drive her to her destination..

Thank you so much for casting your vote which led to Rylie's Victorious Smile.

Gallivanter said...

These days, being a good samaritan, could be deadly. Such is the world we live in.

I might've brought her to the police station if time permits.

ws said...

Hi, I am the coordinator of zaishangyanshang.wordpress.com.
I find that your blog is interesting. Is it possible for zsys to repost your articles?

Tks.
ws
zaishangyanshang@gmail.com


hanks for your reply. Im from Penang and working in an accounts department in a limestone company...