Monday, June 7, 2010

A Ringgit A Day....

As of today, 7th June 2010, I'm going to pledge to save a dollar a day. It's not a new habit I'm starting, I'm saving for rainy days. Every little bit counts...

I was talking to a boutique owner and her assistant about the cost of taking up courses. When it was my generation not too long ago, a fresher going for her first job could easily earns RM600 without any extra certificate. Time have really changed.

Employers today make demands that even a clerical position need a basic diploma. The cost of taking up diploma could easily costs from RM10K to RM30K.

The cost of living went up and makes us harder to live by.

It made me realise that the value of our ringgit is diminishing day by day. Which makes me start saving a ringgit a day....

If I were to save a dollar a day, in 6 months, I will have RM180. Then in a few years down, the road, hmmm, wonder how much will I have?

Go on, start saving a ringgit a day. It will definitely make a different for you and your family.

Ps. Let's put aside RM1 and start saving.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The power of compounding interest, go and learn about it.......

Cas said...

I"m with you, let's save and put away money instead of spending it

sexy Jessie said...

Eugene and Cas:Thanks for this support, let's start saving.