Monday, September 8, 2008

Will all singles pls stand up?

My sister and I were talking the other day who's attached and who's not. And we did a random count and 8 out of 10 people we counted are still singles. (These numbers we gathered are from our offices and friends that we knew of). Most of them are between their late twenties to early thirties; some are even forties to fifties. Scary? Or surprising? Sad to say, most of these singles are women.

I'm single but thank God I'm attached. I still dream of settling down, be a good housewife if my husband permits, a mess up hair mom with no makeup on chasing and screaming my kids. I need someone to share all my life with. Who doesn't?! Watching my kids grow up and grow old together with my husband. I know that I may sound cliche, but is it this the life every single desire for?

I talked to some of the marriage ones and said that they will dream of being single again. Maybe frustrations of being married drove them to say this. I see some of my friends who are married and became new parents, they will be lounging bags of diapers, milk, water and foodstuff! I'm sure that they will be not complaining! But back of their frustrations and desperation, they are beaming with joy. Pride of their family!

Of course being a single there's not much sacrifice to make, after all you are surviving on your own. But fear of loneliness will creep in.

So, singles if you are still searching for your perfect mate, do keep on searching. If not, explore the world and live life to the fullest! Is not the end if you are still single! I think it's cool! Long live single hood!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when you sre single, just enjoy the singlehood, you will love it....