Saturday, June 23, 2012

Life is like a box of choclates

"My momma always said life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you' re gonna get" my favorite line of the whole movie and it's so true.

I was in a state of contentment and hey I thought my job was ok.   Only to discovered lately, that it's not okay for me to stay on.  If there's an opportunity, I would want to move to a better place.

I sent many job applications online and of course there were a couple of interviews I went.  Weeks of waiting for 2nd interviews,  there were no responses.  I almost give up until.....

I was chatting with my friend and she told me a particular place is hiring for an accounting post. And I said I am interested and I sent my resume to the HR manager.  And I was asked to go for an interview during the week.

I went and the HR manager saw my resume and I had some accounting background.  The interview did not go very long and she ended up by asking me when am I available.  Unexpectedly,  I was hired! 

The pay was 15% increased and of course I agreed!   I tendered my resignation by Monday and I have less than a month serving my current company.

An old chapter have begun to close, a new chapter has begun.

Ps. Opportunity only comes once. Grab the unexpectedness's.

9 comments:

Genskie said...

congratulations on your new job Jessie <3

Cas said...

Congrats Jessie! 15% pay jump sure sounds good. Am in the midst of looking around too

sexyjessie said...

Genskie:Tks.

Cas:Tks dear. I am sure you get yr dream job soon. All the best!

suituapui said...

Congratulations, Jessie and all the best in your undertakings. God bless always.

Unknown said...

Congrats for the new job!

sexyjessie said...

STP:Thanks.

Angeline:Thanks.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Awww congratulations Jessie! Hubby is having a hard time finding a job related to accounting here since most of them required experience. Lucky you!

Ken said...

Amazing stories and also info! For a better look, don't forget to do a routine dental check-up!

dental crown

Anonymous said...

live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173